Scrolls are made from shaping a length of bar into a common S or C style but can also be made into various other shapes. They are ideal for finishing off wrought iron work because of their versatility in design that can accomplish beautiful gates or railings. A selection of purpose designed scrolls which are suited to standard 100mm regulation gaps are available off the shelf.
Characteristics of Wrought Iron
- Ductile meaning that regardless of how many times the iron is hammered, it will never be broken
- Strong - high elasticity and tensile strength.
- Malleable - can be heated and reheated and worked into various shapes.
- Becomes stronger the more it is worked.
- High weldability or joinability property which is the wrought iron’s ability to fuse itself with other materials through the process of welding.
- Fences, gates and railings.
- Porches and verandas.